Nomination by Petition
The Nominating Committee of the JPS & PARTNERS CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT UNION LIMITED hereby invites members of the Credit Union to nominate suitable candidates to fill vacancies for the following:
(a) Board of Directors
(b) Supervisory Committee
(c) Credit Committee
To be presented at the 68th Annual General Meeting of the JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NOMINATION
Nominations from members will be accepted by petition under the following terms and conditions: -
1. Nominations to fill vacancies on the Board of Directors, Credit and Supervisory Committees must be duly signed by at least five (5) members and submitted to the Nominating Committee for consideration. A copy of the Petition Form is available on the Credit Union’s website at www.jpscu.com/downloadable-forms/ or from any office of JPS& PARTNERS.
2. Candidates nominated and shortlisted will be interviewed by the Nominating Committee to determine suitability to fill vacancies.
3. Each nomination must be accompanied by the nominee’s resume and must be accompanied by a signed Candidate Qualification Form from the nominee stating that he/she is in agreement with the nomination and will serve if elected to office. A copy of the Candidate Qualification Form is available on the Credit Union’s website or from any office of JPS& PARTNERS.
4. A member seeking to hold office shall be disqualified if he/she:
(a) fails to satisfy the Nominating Committee and/or the Supervisor that, he/she is a fit and proper person to perform governance functions of the Credit Union.
(b) has a dormant or inactive account:
· Accounts are classified as inactive after six (6) months of inactivity
· Accounts are classified as dormant after twelve (12) months of inactivity
(c) has been a member for less than six (6) months;
(d) Is delinquent in their loan obligations with the Credit Union during the twelve months period prior to the deliberations of the Nominating Committee.
(e) Is not ordinarily resident in the island.
Members submitting nominations should ensure that they are familiar with the definition of “Fit and Proper” as defined in the preamble of JPS& Partners Rules.
Submission of nomination by petition should be placed in a SEALED envelope marked: “CONFIDENTIAL: “Petition to Nomination Committee JPS& PARTNERS” and submitted to any office of JPS& PARTNERS Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
Closing date for receiving nominations by petition is Friday, May 19, 2023.
N.B. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES OF JPS& PARTNERS NO NOMINATION WILL BE TAKEN FROM THE FLOOR AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.
Dated this 14th day of April 2023
Signed, Tricia Robinson – Nominating Committee Chair