Become a Member
- JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Limited (the “Credit Union”) respects your concerns about privacy. We ensure that the processing of your Personal Data is compliant with the Data Protection Act, 2020 and any country-specific data protection laws and regulations to the extent applicable to the Credit Union.
- We have prepared this Privacy Notice to describe to you our practices regarding the personal information we collect from our members and users of our website. This Privacy Notice applies to the Personal Data that we collect and handle when you use our website, when you subscribe to our newsletter, take part in a survey, and access our products and services or any other marketing initiatives.
- For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual such as: name, address, telephone number as well as any non-public information that is associated with any of these.
2. What data does the Credit Union collect?
2.1. Data We Collect: We collect a wide range of Personal Data that allows us to conduct business with you. The types of data that we may collect from our members, visitors and users of our website will be used for the sole purpose for which the information was provided to us and may include:
- Contact details such as: your name, address, email address, date of birth, and phone number
- Valid Photo ID for example: Passport, Driver’s Licence or National ID
- Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN)
- National Insurance Scheme (NIS)
- Employment Status and details
- Financial Information
- Transactional records
- Birth Certificate
- Character References
- Declaration of US citizenship, Tax residency, if appropriate
- Image captured via CCTV or webinar recording
2.2. Data We Automatically Collect:
3.How do we collect Personal Data?
3.1 We collect Personal Data through the following means :
- Information you provide via our Website, Social Media Network(s) or Events: We may collect Personal Data that you may choose to send to us or provide to us via our website, social media network or when registering or attending an event.
- Information you provide when accessing our Services: We receive and store information you provide directly to us to access our products and services. For example when applying to become a member, opening an account or transacting business at our offices.
- Third Parties: In some instances, we may collect Personal Data from public and non-public sources and third parties for regulatory purposes or to better serve you. These include: Credit Bureaus, references, other financial institutions, regulatory bodies and related entities.
3.2 How do we use your Personal Data?
We may use the information we collect from you in connection with the services we provide for a range of reasons, including to:
- Provide our products and services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmation and records;
- verify our members’ identity, credit worthiness and the accuracy of information provided;
- create members accounts;
- manage our members’ use of our services, respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- send alerts, updates, security notifications and administrative communications;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, including money laundering, unauthorized access to our services, and other illegal activities;
- conduct internal research, to market products to members and to communicate with them;
- improve the Credit Union’s website, application, promotions, payment systems, amongst other services;
- improve overall member experience and ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- For any other purposes where we will notify members and users.
4. What are our legal bases for processing your Personal Data?
The lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are free to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are listed herein;
- We have a contractual obligation;
- We have a legal obligation;
- We have a vital interest;
- We need it to perform a public task; and
- We have a legitimate interest.
5. How do we share and disclose data to third parties?
- We share your Personal Data with your consent in order to complete a transaction or to provide any service you have requested or authorized.
- Our website may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. We have no control over same, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party site or service.
- Data may also be shared with third party vendors when it is necessary to provide services to members, and/or for other legitimate interests. Third parties include service providers, professional advisors and regulatory bodies.
- Personal Data will only be shared with third parties to provide our services to you and/or to comply with legal obligations. These third parties do not retain, share, use or process Personal Data beyond the defined purposes of providing our services to you.
6. How we store your personal information
- Your information is securely stored. We only retain your Personal Data for as long as it is needed to provide our services to you. We typically keep your Personal Data for a period of seven (7) years following the date of transaction or termination of a member’s relationship. We may also keep your data for longer than seven (7) years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
- We will then dispose your information by shredding as well as deletion (including back-up data).
- We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We (and our third party service providers) use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. This is done to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your data.
- No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while the Credit Union uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Your Privacy Rights and Choice
8.1 You can access, modify and delete any personal and other information that is made available to you in your Account or within your mobile or online application.
8.2 You have rights under the Data Protection Act, in relation to your Personal Data. These rights include:
- Right to be informed about how your Personal Data is being processed;
- Right to request access to your Personal Data;
- Right to consent and withdraw consent;
- Right to request the correction of your Personal Data;
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Right to request transfer of your Personal Data;
- Right to require that your Personal Data is not subject to automated decision-making only.
8.3 If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us or our Data Protection Officer Miss Nassalie Brown by email at [email protected]
9. Notifiable Data Breaches
9.1 We take data breaches very seriously. We will endeavour to meet the 72 hour deadline as required by the Data Protection Act to report any data breach to the Information Commissioner. Further, where there is likely to be a high risk to your rights being breached, then we will endeavour to contact you without undue delay.
9.2 Our report will inform you of:
- the nature of the security breach;
- the measures taken or proposed to be taken to mitigate or address the possible adverse effects of the breach; and
- the name, address and other relevant contact information of our Data Protection Officer or other designated representative.
9.3 We will review every incident and/or breach and take action to prevent future incidents or breaches.
10. Children’s Privacy
Our services are not offered to persons under the age of 18 without parental or guardian consent. Any such information that is in breach of this provision will be deleted. If you become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental or guardian consent please contact our Data Protection Officer.
11. Changes to the Privacy Notice
11.1 We are constantly trying to improve our website and services, so we may need to change this Privacy Notice from time to time as well. We will alert you to material changes by, for example, placing a notice on our website and/or sending you an email (if you have registered your e-mail details with us) when we are required to do so by the Data Protection Act.
11.2 You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the date at the bottom of this page. You are responsible for periodically reviewing this Privacy Notice.
12. Contact Us
Data Protection Officer
12.2 If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Last Update: November 24, 2023 .
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your Area/Zip code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. Website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. does not read any of your private online communications.
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. and JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. family of Web sites.
Use of your Personal Information
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. collects and uses your personal information to operate the JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. Website and deliver the services you have requested. JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. and its affiliates. JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd., and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. keeps track of the Websites and pages our customers visit within JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd., in order to determine what JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd.; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd., or the public.
The JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. Web site use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. pages, or register with JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. site or services, a cookie helps JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Statement
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. is protecting your information.
JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. has not adhered to this Statement, please contact JPS & Partners Co-operative Credit Union Ltd. at [email protected]. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.